WILD Family Nature Club connects families with the great outdoors by providing resources, training and support for those interested in starting a nature club in their community, as well as an online community hub where families can share their outdoor adventures and inspire each other!
As a club member you can explore our library of outdoor activities and find inspiration for your next outdoor adventure. You can also connect with other families through our discussion boards, online workshops and local events!
Ready to get started?
- Join the Club - Sign up for a WILD Family Nature Club account to participate in discussion boards, upload photos to the gallery and earn digital badges!
- Explore Outdoor Activities - Whether its close to home or farther afield, we've put together a series of outdoor activities to inspire you to spend more time in nature as a family. By submitting photos of your adventures to our Gallery and participating in community Discussions you can start earning Badges for every activity you try!
- Become a Club Leader - Interested in planning your own WILD Family Nature Club outing or event? Learn how you can Become a Club Leader and help connect other families with nature in your community.
- Several cities have closed playgrounds – please obey these decisions. Instead choose to go to parks and green spaces nearby that remain accessible, ideally at off-peak times to avoid crowds.
- Be prepared to return home if an area is too crowded to practice physical distancing.
- Avoid touching communal surfaces during outdoor play as these surfaces are potentially contaminated and can lead to the spread of disease.
- Get creative! Use other outdoor spaces, such as driveways, backyards, sidewalks, and cul-de-sacs for outdoor play. Just be careful to maintain physical distancing.
- Consider taking micro breaks outside. For parents trying to get a full day’s worth of work done while at home, taking small physical activity breaks outdoors with kids may be mutually beneficial!
- In search of inspiration? Check out our Resources page for family-friendly activities you can do with your kids outdoors.
Above all: stay safe, stay healthy. Getting active and outdoors, while adhering carefully to public health guidance can help cope, contain, and combat COVID-19
The Government of Canada webpage is an excellent resource for the latest updates on COVID-19 in Canada and has created a number of easy-to-understand resources on how to stay safe during the outbreak.